Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Boston Red Sox | Birthday Surprise

So I'm not much of a huge 'hey look at me it's my birthday' type of person. But Theresa (who likes to celebrate her birthday 'month') talked me into doing something, but wouldn't tell me quite what. We had talked about getting a drink at the top of the Prudential building, you know something low key.  She held me in suspense until right at 5pm when I was heading out to the T.  I was giving her the 10th degree on what I should wear and she finally gave in and told me to get off at the Fenway T stop.  Sox game, yeah!  I don't know what it is about Fenway Park, but maybe it's that my Dad used to take our family to games every now and again when my brother and I were young.  You enter the building and are inundated with the aroma that just means baseball, this mix of foods and beer you wouldn't consume any other day.  But you let yourself go a little because being there is special, come on it's Fenway.  Then you climb a flight of stairs, which reveals the field, all the colors of the game, the Green Monster.  It definitely holds a place in the hearts of any real Bostonian.  Theresa then she surprised me again when she arranged to have some friends show up as well, pretty cool.  Of course I brought a camera to snap a few, take a look: 

I know I'm one lucky guy.  Thanks T!!
That's the Thriller dance, in case you were wondering.

















Happy Tuesday!

- Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment