Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Architecture Photography | A little structure


I know you'll all be shocked to find out we do in fact point our cameras in directions that don't face beautiful people celebrating.  What??  It's true.  Theresa and I love shooting wedding and that's why we based our business around it, specializing in it.  But really we were trained as artists, trained to see the light.  A truly gifted photographer, John Sexton once wrote, "It is light that reveals, light that obscures, light that communicates. So it is light I 'listen' to."  He's, in my opinion, one of the greatest living American landscape and fine art photographers - see his work here (I've taken a few of his workshops and all I can say is amazing). So my point is that by constantly learning to see the light it helps us make a good image anywhere.  Here's a few architectural images I've made over the last couple of years - and a link to see more.

Structure





Oh yeah and Happy Valentine's day for all you couples out there.  

- Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment