Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cape Cod Night Photography | Fun Friday

Cape Cod Night Photography | Fun Friday

After last weekend's wedding down in Mashpee at Willowbend Country Club it was still hot outside.  I think we left the venue around 11pm-ish and Theresa was dying for a quick dip in the ocean.  So we headed back to the beach near the venue where we photographed the bridal party and families earlier in the day.  Wanted to share this photo I made while Theresa was cooling off in the ocean.  It was dark, I mean close to pitch black but I saw some lights in the distance and thought it would make for a pretty cool night shot.  Grabbed the tripod, framed up an image from what I could make out and I think it was a 30 second exposure at f/8 around 1600 iso.  Pretty amazing for how dark my eyes were translating the scene. Always amazes me the drastic disconnect between how are eyes see and how the camera sees, I guess that's one of the many reason's that makes photography an art. Alright, that's it for this Fun...well Saturday I guess.  We have a double header this weekend.  Today The Villa in East Bridgewater and tomorrow at Ipswich Country Club.


Have a great weekend!

- Randall + Theresa, Garnick Moore Photographers

1 comment:

  1. What a great decision after a hot day! You both were truly amazing! We couldn't have hoped for a better experience! Xoxox Jen & Andrew

    ReplyDelete