Friday, November 8, 2013

Fun Friday | Charity Fashion Event | Finding Inspiration, Isabel Toledo

Fun Friday | Charity Fashion Event | Finding Inspiration, Isabel Toledo

Of course I cruise everywhere with a camera over my shoulder and as to be less assuming I wore all black (with blue Cole Haan loafers of course) and my 50mm lens. The evening started off in a private residence, too large to be called a house, in Chestnut Hill just outside of Boston.

A friend of mine who works at a well know magazine got us press passes to an exclusive event for a charity event, Stitch by Stitch benefiting new Americans by educating them in hopes to get then placed in jobs in the textile industry.  The guests of honor were Isabel and Ruben Toledo. I was familiar with Isabel Toledo’s designs for the first lady, Michelle Obama. Ruben’s artwork also rang a bell, he does all of the Nordstrom illustrations (and much more).

With no preconceived notion about the events for the evening, I decided to stand back and absorb the party through my lens. The Toledo’s are such a pleasant, down to earth couple and we didn't even notice they had arrived until reviewing a photo on my LCD. And there she was, Isabel had snuck in.

That night I was, and still am to this day, inspired by the Toledo’s relationship. They are each other’s muse. This pulls a heart-string when I think about my relationship with Randall, we too work together creatively and find inspiration in one another. Throughout the evening I heard more examples of how the Toledo’s inspire one another. I hope inspiration finds you through your loved ones. 








Happy Friday!
- Theresa

Boston event photographers, Garnick Moore Photographers, document events all around Boston, for organizations large and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment