Monday, May 9, 2016

Single Shot Monday | Destination wedding St. Maarten

This image from a very recent destination wedding I photographed down in the Caribbean makes for a perfect dose of Single Shot Monday. The wedding of Kristina and Dan was on the Dutch side in St. Maarten and I was told they hadn't experienced the kind of weather we had in something like 20 years. I'm talking about serious rain storms. A huge advantage of my personality in regards to my photography is patience and flexibility. Be it commercial or editorial photography, headshots, architecture and especially weddings you have to expect the best but prepare for the worst :) You have to be adaptable and embrace what's in front of you, or else you'll either tear all your hair out and go grey or both. Thankfully Kristina and Dan were able to move the wedding day around and get the best day possible.

I think this image really works for quite a few reasons. First and foremost the light is amazing. I knew I wanted to do something around the pool and give a real sense of place to the image which means so much to the couple. When shooting I always like to move around and change my perspective whenever time allows and when I ran over to catch them walking along the very narrow path my jaw dropped. The light coming from behind them, the action, the clouds and the reflections. For me it's simply a gorgeous moment from a very beautiful wedding day.

Nikon D4
Nikon 24 - 120 f/4 lens @ 31mm
1/800 sec @ f/4
ISO 100
Processed with Adobe Lightroom


- Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment