Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fine Art Photography | Print of the Month

Print of the Month | July 2010

Well from now on, monthly or as often as I can remember to do it, we will be offering one of our Fine Art prints as the Print of the Month. Each print will be a pigment on paper print, approximately 14 inches on the long side, and then matted to 16x20 with a museum quality mat board. Each Print of the Month will only be offered at the discounted price for that specific month, one month only. Go to this link for more details:

Print of the Month

For July we have Calla I - 2009.

When Theresa and I were living in this great little house in Monterey, CA we had a stretch of the yard that was completely Calla Lillies. And due to the Monterey climate they would all bloom in the winter, late in the year until probably April. I loved it. A constant source of inspiration, they are so delicate looking, so graceful. So after wanting to photograph them for months I finally made the time and spent an afternoon trying out different compositions, lighting situations and arrangements. This is one of the favorites. It was made using only natural light, from a window in our garage and I probably had a little bit of a fill card on the left side so the light didn't fall off too quickly. I used a simple black background to emphasize the form of the flower. It was a digital capture, using a Nikon camera, ISO 200, 1/15 of a second with an old 55mm micro lens, and I don't remember the F-stop but I chose to use a shallow depth of field to further emphasize the softness of the white tones. Enjoy.



- Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment