Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bridal Shoes | It’s a’boot time brides wore boots

Bridal Shoes | It’s a’boot time brides wore boots

I love boots. This fall I have a fetish for my red cowboy boots. I can’t get enough of them. I bought them this summer in Jackson Hole Wyoming. Randall and I were on a photo adventure and I had my mind set on cowboy boots as a souvenir. Needles to say – I’m hooked on boots.
The majority of the time when I see a bride in boots they are more of a necessity. Rain boots frequently grace the weddings we photograph here in New England. The rain boots are always very cool, but what about other boots you might ask?
Lets start with cowboy boots. We had a bride this fall, Abby Shepard who is a Boston-based designer and stylist, that brought cowboy boots along for the ride – she didn’t wear them all night but she did look pretty kick ass in them! Abby did have a gorgeous pair of silk platform peep-toes for the wedding but her cowboy boots were perfect for tearing up the dance floor.  Not only were the boots a fabulous addition to some specific photos she wanted as it turned out the boots were made for walkin’ (okay – I couldn’t leave that one out).  It turned out to be a good thing since the gorgeous venue, Riverside Farm in Vermont has a ton of rolling green hills and soft maple laden vistas to take in. 
Besides cowboy boots, which I understand will not fit everyone’s wedding style. What about ankle boots? I’m crazy over ankle boots right now, I think it’s the fall crisp feeling in the air. Tights and ankle boots are what I wear when not wearing the cowboy boots (don’t worry, I will not wear the cowboy boots to photograph your wedding unless you want me too!).
Brides, I seriously think you should keep boots open as a viable option. You don’t have to wear them all night, but it will be fun to swap them out for the heels when you go outside.  Plus your feet will stay warm, your pumps will stay clean and you will have an excuse to buy another pair of shoes!
P.s. Make sure you get a boot that is about the same height as your pumps so the dress isn’t too short, or too long and drags. Happy shopping!



- Theresa, self-titled shoe fashionista

Thanks for reading another monthly installment of all things Bridal Shoes! Check back soon for more adventures in the life of amazing bridal shoes and the gorgeous brides that wear them. Read more here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks guys... love the post! It's always inspiring to see the amazing photos you took of our wedding this fall. So much beauty captured.

    Oh and... Theresa, I want to see a picture of those red boots!!!

    xo, abby

    ReplyDelete